BlogsVlogsEtc. Powered by Blogger.

Bloggers Sleepover at Skene House | Girls Night and Review | Part 2

Hello Everyone!

I have been so excited to write this post and I'm so happy to share it with you all! I got the amazing opportunity to have a Bloggers Sleepover at Skene House in Rosemount so I invited some of my Aberdeen Blogger gal pals and planned a night of fun! We had the perfect girl's night - our very own 'staycation'.


Our apartment was very spacious and had three bedrooms, one double and two twin, two bathrooms, a kitchen and there was also a large living room with a dining table and television - perfect for relaxing after a long day in the office or even for having some friends or family round. 


Each of the rooms were very bright and had so much space - I couldn't believe how roomy it was, you definitely don't get anything like it in a hotel. The rooms were spotless and so fresh and the beds were very comfortable. In two of the three bedrooms there was a dressing table and mirror which was perfect for getting ready at in the morning although just like typical girls we all ended up around the same mirror discussing new makeup goodies.




I was also surprised to find that we had two very modern bathrooms, one with a stand alone shower and the other with a bath and overhead shower. This was really convenient for us as we didn't have to wait for one person to get ready and so on. They were very luxurious and came with heated towel rails and fancy hand wash and shower gel! 


In our kitchen we had everything we needed. Enough cutlery and crockery for everyone staying, utensils galore - we even had a dishwasher so we didn't have to think about doing dishes. We also had a oven and hob plus a microwave so if you were staying for longer you could cook your meals instead of having to eat out every night - that would help it feel more like home. If you found yourself having more people over and needed more cups for instance all you have to do is ask reception and they will help provide you with what you need!

We had a few treats over the course of the night beginning with some lovely girls from BodyNSol Aberdeen pampering us. BodyNSol have so many treatments available from tanning, eyelash extensions, nails to massages! Pretty much anything you need to help make you feel better about yourself and relaxed - they have it. A few of the girls got their nails done, Katherine got her eyebrows shaped and tinted (eyebrow envy was high) and I got my eyelashes tinted and I love them. They're perfect for when I'm needing to run out the house in the morning, all I have to do is curl them and I'm good to go!

We also had the lovely Roz, a style consultant from Stella & Dot show us some amazingly versatile jewellery and accessories. She told us more about the brand and I loved hearing their back story and how they incorporate special meaningful things to them into their line such as one of their grandmothers vintage lace has been put onto a cuff! She also gave us a little insight on some of the new trends that we should be seeing this Autumn and Winter - very exciting!

Last but certainly not least Julia brought some tasty cupcakes from Cupcakes by Jo in Aberdeen. There's been a few occasions where I've had some of Jo's cupcakes (I actually had a whole heap for my 21st Birthday) so I knew what to expect! She has so many flavours to choose from and they're all so amazingly good - I finally decided on the tablet - to die for!!
photo credit: Julia, Just Julia

In the morning after we all chatted and got ready together we heading down to the Breakfast Restaurant where we were treated with enough food to feed an army! We could choose from a wide selection of continental breakfast foods such as cereals, yoghurt's, pancakes and even meats and cheeses. But if you're fancying something cooked they have an a la carte menu with options such as a Scottish Breakfast, eggs and even filled rolls. 



photo credit: Julia, Just Julia


(cue my Oscar acceptance speech)

I would like to say a huge thank you to all of the staff at Skene House Rosemount for having us all and for being so lovely. Thanks to Rosalind for helping me organise such a fantastic night and for coming along and telling us all about Stella & Dot. To the lovely girls from BodyNSol Aberdeen for pampering us - my eyelashes have never looked so good. Thank you to the beautiful Jo from Cupcakes by Jo Aberdeen for our delicious cupcakes - they went down a treat!

But a massive thank you to the four glamorous and hilarious girls who stayed with me, Hannah (not pictured) from Granite City Girl, Laura from the Floral Elephant, Katherine from Katherine Elizabeth Official and Julia from Just Julia. I had such a great night and a whole lot of that is down to you ladies!! 

1 comment

  1. A fantastic behind the scenes Sarah! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete