BlogsVlogsEtc. Powered by Blogger.

Jumping on the Self Love Band Wagon! | Lifestyle

I think every single person struggles with loving themselves at one point in their life. Even if you think someone looks a solid 10 and that they could have no worries in the world, I bet they've still struggled and I know I have. I can't think of a time in my life where I have felt completely happy with myself and how I look, but times are changing! Without trying to sound cheesy AF, 2017 is going to be the year where I change my outlook on myself, I'm jumping on the self love bandwagon and before any eyebrows start twitching I'm not meaning that but I mean I'm going to stop being hard on myself.





There are so many things in life these days that make you feel self conscious or not as good as someone else I mean all you need to do is pick up a magazine and you can see all over the cover is 'Become a better you' 'How to become Rich' 'the 10 minute routine to get you beach body ready' it's bloody everywhere! Obviously if you're reading that then you're not going to feel 'worthy' but that's not the worst critic - you are. Now unless you feel super confident and rate yourself a ten each day then hot damn this post isn't for you but brava for feeling that way! We are our hardest critics , I walk out of my door every day passing the mirror thinking urgh my ass is fat and flat, my hair looks awful today blah blah blah and I bet a lot of you do the exact same?! Am I right?

We have sort of been 'programmed' into thinking you can do better, which isn't always a bad thing. If you're wanting to aim higher then you do that, reach your goals but not everyone feels the same. I'm also not saying that you should settle for anything, but we need to become more accepting of ourselves, we need to all walk around like were BeyoncĂ© because why not!? We have one life and we are our own person, we should be killing that pavement like it's our own personal runway! 

Something that has helped me feel this way is the book Bloom by Estee Lalonde, this book made me laugh and cry and laugh again. I feel that I could understand things she's been through because I have personally went through them too. It's given me a kick up the backside to stop focusing on insignificant things and just to live my life to the fullest and that's what I intend on doing, it may be a journey but it's going to be worth it.

I want to know if there's anything that personally made you jump on the self love band waggon whether that's a book, a person or just your mentality - let me know! 

No comments