BlogsVlogsEtc. Powered by Blogger.

Micro Family Days



Family is the most important thing to me, everything that we worry about and stress over really doesn't matter and at the end of the day its who you surround yourself with, it's who your cuddled up on the sofa with at night - that's what/who matters. 



I'm very lucky to have a big family, full of smiley faces that don't judge but it's my micro family that keep me going every single day - Sam and April. There's been lots of pressure with work lately and it got to a boiling point where my lid almost blew so instead of having a Britney 2007 melt down, we all headed to a park to have some fun.

We headed to Duthie Park in Aberdeen armed with a deflated ball and Aprils scooter, ready to play football and explore. Having a child is a massive learning curve, I love seeing her discover new things and sights - it's a really good feeling, you feel like you've genuinely done something right in life. We headed into the Winter gardens home to cacti, terrapins and even a huge plastic frog (that let's be honest, it's seen better days) and I was amazed at how she was amazed by everything. With the plastic frog in her head as the end result she was whizzing through each display 'oohing and ahhing' at the terrapins, being tempted to touch every cactus and asking (very loudly) at the sound of a fountain, "Is someone having a pee".

Spending those couple of hours just walking around (laughing at me for dropping the scooter in the river) and just spending quality time together, it really made me forget about all the crappy things that had happened that day. 





No comments