BlogsVlogsEtc. Powered by Blogger.

#lostinfoodsupperclub

THE SUPPER CLUB THAT WILL HAVE EVERYONE TALKING AND AN EXTENSIVE WAITING LIST


The two wonderful ladies in the photograph above are Michelle and Lesley, the creative geniuses behind Lost in Food. They met through mutual friends but they soon bonded through their love of food. I met them over a foodie weekend away in St Andrews and I quickly realised that we'd get on like a house on fire! A couple of months ago I got a little message inviting myself and fellow blogging friend Julia from JustJulia to Inverurie to enjoy an afternoon of delectable food and copious amounts of cocktails all put together as the Lost in Food Supper Club.

Upon arrival after being in awe of Lesley's beautiful home and lust worthy kitchen we were treated to a zesty lemon cocktail whipped up by Lesley's husband, as a lover of gin I was excited to see that it was made with Wild Island gin which I had never tried before but I wasn't disappointed. 



To start we were treated to sun-dried tomato and ricotta ravioli with a tomato consommé. Little bit about me, I'm quite a fussy eater and I have never been a fan of tomatoes but I told both Lost in Fooder's that I would go into the afternoon with an open mind and that I'd try absolutely everything and I'm so happy that I did, I devoured the entire dish. The tomato consommé was a lovely light tomato like broth which had taken hours to perfect and it complimented the creamy ravioli perfectly - the starter was paired with a refreshing and summery côtes de provence rosé.


The Main, my favourite dish of all, was a generous breast of corn fed chicken paired with the most unbelievably delicious fondant potatoes upon a bed of buttered leaks and asparagus all drizzled with a light jus. Firstly, I had no idea that leaks could taste so good, I mean I would happily eat that with every meal (it probably has something to do with the butter) - amazing. The chicken itself was mouthwateringly good, it fell off the bone, onto my fork and into my mouth quicker than you could say fondant potatoes which were wonderful, fluffy and full of flavour - I was so impressed (and I even ate the asparagus) it was matched well with a limestone coast chardonnay.


The pièce de résistance was a beautiful lemon pannacotta with raspberry jelly and honeycomb. Well, well well, this was incredible. Across every single dish presentation was perfection and I really liked how the pannacotta and jelly were put together, it just took it to the next level. The sweetness of the jelly and the tartness of the pannacotta went so well together, it's not flavours that I've had together before but I can assure you it won't be the last time. On top and to the side were little pieces of heaven in the form of honeycomb along with lemon curd, lemon thyme and raspberry dust - it was phenomenal! The final pairing of the meal was a lovely desert wine, premières côtes de bordeaux.


I was so impressed with standard of meal as I'm sure anyone would be, the flavours, aromas and company made for an absolutely lovely afternoon and I wouldn't of changed a single thing. You can tell how passionate they both are about food and cooking just by watching them, they float around each other both adding to each dish, very in sync. I can't wait to see what's next for Lost in Food and I wish them both all the success in the world.

No comments